In a world of diapers and toys that are way too loud, the fabulous mommies of today can handle anything...and we do so in heels.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Diaper changing cred



This past week my husband and I took a walk with our kids to spend a relaxing morning at a local coffee shop. My daughter took her morning nap in the stroller, my son ate his snack and played with some toys the shop has, and my husband and I sat drinking our coffee in big armchairs and had a nice conversation. We were low on a couple things so we decided to walk back home and hop straight in the car to go to the store before we needed to be home for lunch and my son's afternoon nap. I fed my daughter at the shop and as her diaper was still empty we were excited to not have to walk back home only to go back up all the stairs to our apartment, take off shoes, change diapers, feed the baby, put shoes back on, and get everyone in their carseats before finally heading to the store, because, as you know, once you do all that, then there isn't time to get to the store with two kids in tow and get back before lunch. Then it happened. My son filled his diaper and it definitely needed to be changed. Stubborn as I am, I didn't want to ruin a once-in-a-childhood moment as we could just hop from our walk to the car with two little kids. So I grabbed a diaper and the wipes I keep in my purse and went into the bathroom. Of course, since we live in an urban neighborhood, there were no changing tables in the bathroom and there was no way I was going to have my son lie on the floor, even if I DID have a changing pad. So. I had him stand with his legs apart, pushed the pants to his shoes, took off the diaper, wiped him up (thank goodness it was fairly clean), put a new diaper on, and re-buttoned his jeans. TA-DA! I would like to thank my son for being extremely cooperative and for not trying to sit on the dirty floor with a bare bottom. Please feel free to share your proudest "I can't believe I just changed a diaper there!" story.

No comments:

Post a Comment